D E S I G N
This custom honeycomb dresser unit will be comprised of nineteen hexagons configured in five columns and will include 7 hinged doors and 3 drawers, as shown in the first image above.
The second and third images show other units using hexagons of the the same width & height with items displayed inside, for general reference on size of the interior storage space. And the depth of the hexagons in this custom design will be 2.5" greater than our standard 11.5" depth shown in the second and third images.
M A T E R I A L + F I N I S H
Solid pine wood stained in black, yellow, and white according to sketch above & finished with non-toxic clear oil wax for wood protection and subtle sheen (product shown in last image above).
Lumber thickness is 7/8" along the outer perimeter of the honeycomb unit, with doubled thickness of 1.75" throughout the unit's interior in which all adjacent hexagon panels are joined together.
D I M E N S I O N S
honeycomb shelving unit: 75.75" wide x 70" high x 14" deep (plus additional 7/8" depth of doors & drawer faces)
hexagon (interior): 13.4" wide between vertical sides x ~15.5" high between opposite corners x 14" deep // span of six interior edges is 7.75" each
C U S T O M I Z A T I O N S
* 7 soft-close hinged doors (hinges installed in 3 different positions as indicated in sketch)
* 3 black-stained doors to include custom-mounted gas strut door support mechanism
* 3 soft-close custom-shaped drawers + 3 hexagonal panels installed behind drawers, inset within the back of the hexagon for structural reinforcement
* 10 removable horizontal shelves to rest above lower hex corner (3 of these shelves sized to fit inside drawers also featuring a small circular finger opening for accessing compartment beneath)
* 13 custom recessed interior edge grooves for opening doors/drawers (single grooves on opposite side from designated hinge edges of 7 doors, and double grooves inside lower edges of 3 drawer faces as shown in sketch)
* 19 hexagons featuring custom routed slot along all six back edges for LED lighting strip installation (exact size & position of routing to be confirmed)
I N S T A L L A T I O N
Honeycomb unit to be mounted directly into multiple wall studs with method to be discussed and clarified during construction process.
D E L I V E R Y
This design will be divided into two to three sections for transport, to be reconnected through the pre-drilled openings using the provided screws and matching drill bit.
The pieces will be shipped directly to the destination via single vehicle transport, with assistance provided by the driver in unloading as well as moving inside to a first floor location. At least one person will be needed to help the driver unload and carry the piece indoors.
A "Rate TBD" delivery option will appear after selecting your state at the beginning of the checkout process, to allow the shipping charges to be processed later once the piece is completed and we find an arrangement that works best for you.
At the time of shipping, I will let you know the estimated date range for delivery, and then the driver will contact you directly by phone once they are closer to arriving and can provide a more specific ETA.
custom honeycomb dresser unit with hinged doors & drawers
* No sales tax is required to be collected for sales outside our home state of Ohio, since as a small single craftsman shop our annual sales per state are well below each state's mandated thresholds.